Top 10 ways to legitimately ask for your visitors contact info
By Earl B. Hall
One of the biggest keys to successful online marketing is to do regular follow-ups with your web site visitors. If some one comes to your web site, what guarantee is there that they will ever find their way back again. You may be tops in the search
engines one day and gone the next.
The answer is to contact them regularly. Remind them who you are and why they need your product or service. It's rare if anyone buys from the first exposure. Experts suggest that it takes at least 3-7 exposures to gain that level of trust.
"So how do I get permission to follow up?", you ask. First of all, never subscribe a visitor to a newsletter or reminder list without their permission. This is a sure fire way of alienating a possible customer. Or worse yet, losing your dial up.
1. First of all, ask your visitors to subscribe to your e-zine. It's more enticing if you give them a freebie when they subscribe.
2. Do you provide a service? Why not offer visitors a free consultation via e-mail. Simply have them fill out a web form and e-mail you with their questions.
3. There are lots of software programs out there that will let you brand a version with your logo. Offer your visitors this free software to download. Have them sign-up to gain access to download or get an access code to unlock your software.
4. You could have them sign-up to get access for downloading your free E-book. Always make the subject of the E-book relate to your target audience.
5. Folks love a free contest, sweepstakes or discount coupons. Ask for their contact information to enter. You can announce the winner or deliver the coupon by email.
6. A free membership to your "members only" web site or directory is another way. Provide a sign-up form to receive a user name and password.
7. How about offering a free online service from your web site. Have visitors fill out their contact information to sign-up.
8. Do like the big boys do. Offer a free affiliate program.Visitors will have to sign-up in order to receive marketing materials and commissions.
9. Why not give people who visit your web site a free email course sent via autoresponder. The internet is ideal for "how to" info. Help them decide to buy your product or service.
Simply have them submit their contact information to receive the free course.
10. You could allow visitors to submit a free classified ad on your web site. Require them to give a valid e-mail address in order to post an ad and then let them know when it is time to re-submit.
Article by Earl B. Hall. Real folks are making big money online.
Grab your share - drop by http://www.powerpub.com now.
NetPower Publishing has helped thousands of small and home
based businesses profit online.
| DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this article is not warranted or guaranteed by Developer Shed, Inc. The content provided is intended for entertainment and/or educational purposes in order to introduce to the reader key ideas, concepts, and/or product reviews. As such it is incumbent upon the reader to employ real-world tactics for security and implementation of best practices. We are not liable for any negative consequences that may result from implementing any information covered in our articles or tutorials. If this is a hardware review, it is not recommended to open and/or modify your hardware. |
More Website Marketing Articles
More By Developer Shed