Internet Marketing Trends to Watch
by Susan Dunn
There are more women online now, than men (52% v. 48%)
61% of women buy online rather than off, and 55% of men.
Women in America make up to 80% of the purchasing decisions for the family.
At-home female users in the US are increasing faster than males. (Nielson NetRatings)
Individuals with household incomes from $100,000 to $150,000 are the fastest growing income group online. (Nielsen NetRatings)
44% of US adults over 18 are single, and the AASP projects by 2010, 47.2% will be unmarried.
TamingTheBeast says users from India are coming on strong. "Up until now," they say, "the Internet has been very focused on the US ...[but] by 2003, the Asia Pacific region will catch up and overtake in regards to Internet usage."
And what's the "US" internet anyway? There are 80 million multicultural Americans in the US now, with over 1 million new immigrants yearly.
WHAT TO DO ABOUT THESE TRENDS?
* Consider something else for your chatline photo besides a 20 y.o. Anglo woman.
* If you're alienating the huge singles' and Islamic markets in your Christmas marketing, you get a D+ for your Internetmarketing EQ test.
* If you're a cruise line and offer neither a true singles' rate nor gentleman dance hosts, you flunk.
* Start submitting your websites to the Asia-Pacific search engines and indices.
* Brush up on multi-cultural selling. Get Michael Lee's "Opening Doors" for starters ( http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1886939322/susandunnmome-20
* Get a currency converter on your website.
* Get used to some different terminology. Look for "self understanding" on Australian sites, and "advertorials." If you're going after the asiadragons dot comers, you'll enter your "Secret Word", and if you're talking to the UK, that thing you want so much is called a 'neesh'.
(c)Susan Dunn, Web Strategies & Internet Marketing, http://www.webstrategies.cc
. Let us help you produce your eBook and launch it on the Internet. All services provided - writing, editing, website and sales letter, ISBN, formatting for pdf and print-on-demand, press releases, article-submission for promotion. Mailto:email@example.com . We have a package for every need and budget. Email us for FREE eZine, put 'checklist" for subject line.
| DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this article is not warranted or guaranteed by Developer Shed, Inc. The content provided is intended for entertainment and/or educational purposes in order to introduce to the reader key ideas, concepts, and/or product reviews. As such it is incumbent upon the reader to employ real-world tactics for security and implementation of best practices. We are not liable for any negative consequences that may result from implementing any information covered in our articles or tutorials. If this is a hardware review, it is not recommended to open and/or modify your hardware. |
More Website Marketing Articles
More By Developer Shed