7 Creative Ways to do Marketing
(Page 1 of 3 )
There are plenty of ways to let customers know about your products. Why not use things that are already in place for communication with clients?
1. Invoices: Fill your invoice statements with special offers or information about new products and services. Either add small brochures or flyers to the invoice letter or print your marketing message on the invoice itself. Remember – you are already paying for postage. So, why not fully utilizing this part of the business?!
2. Cash register receipts: If you generate receipts for your customers, they should include more than just a transaction record. If your cash register allows it – print a small marketing message at the bottom of each receipt. Or have it print out a second receipt that you hand the customer, too. Target as an example always prints out two receipts for the client. The first one is a regular receipt. The second one is for the case the customer has bought a present and does not want to hand the real receipt to the person receiving the present – but still allowing to return an item. It actually reminds the customer about buying presents at Target. You could use the same option to make customers aware of current specials that you are offering.
3. Occasion cards: Send birthday cards, Thanksgiving cards, congratulations cards—they're great ways to let customers know you care. This builds up a much higher level of customer loyalty.
4. Partner up. By partnering with other businesses in your marketing efforts, you can dramatically expand your results. Example: A web hosting business can team up with a local ISP (Internet Service Provider) or with a local web designer. The web designer uses your services for web hosting, while you refer any client to him who needs a website build.
5. Run a contest. People love contests. Just witness the huge success of game shows on television. People even love to see other people win! Why don’t you run your own contest? If you choose to develop a promotional contest, make sure it is not a plain boring contest. Make it fun, make it silly, and don’t forget to really hype it up. If your contest is wacky and crazy enough, you will be able to even get some good media coverage (mainly local radio stations / maybe local newspapers). That is free advertising for your business.
More Website Marketing Articles
More By Jase Dow