35 Tips For Online Success
Copyright 2001 Terri Seymour
1. Don't overload your site with flashing lights and
slow loading graphics. Keep it simple and to the point.
2. Put a little of yourself into your site and make
3. Have your contact information listed on every page.
4. Make every page of your site consistent. You want
your site to be easy to understand and navigate.
5. Provide a lot of useful content and resources.
Don't just make your site one big ad.
6. Make yourself available to answer questions and
to help your visitors when needed.
7. Answer all email inquiries in a timely and courteous
8. Make it very easy for people to order your products.
The easier to order, the more orders you'll get. http://www.paypal.com http://www.clickbank.com
9. Publish an ezine. This will enable you to keep
in contact with your readers and form a a very
important relationship. http://www.myownezine.com/tutorial/index.shtml http://www.ezine-z.com http://www.ezineuniversity.com
10. Use an autoresponder for follow-ups. http://www.getresponse.com/?34218 http://www.sendfree.com http://www.aweber.com
11. Write and submit articles for publication in other
ezines. http://www.MakingProfit.com http://www.vectorcentral.com/articles-form.html mailto:ArticleReviewemail@example.com mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org mailto:email@example.com
12. Participate in ad swaps with other publishers. http://www.freezineweb.com/ad-swaps1.html http://www.yoursalesoffice.com/Ezine_Joint_Ventures.html
13. Set up a links page and exchange links with other
websites. http://www.reciprocallink.com http://folksites.com/linkconnector/reciprocal.html
14. Build your reputation and yourself as a foundation
for your online success.
15. Follow-up on all sales and inquiries.
16. Develop contacts and relationships with other
publishers and netpreneurs.
17. Learn how to write your own ebook to sell or give
18. Join discussion lists and message boards and
network, network, and network. Enjoy some new
friendships along the way. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org mailto:email@example.com mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org http://theebookcatalog.com/forum
19. Find and join some good affiliate programs to help
you learn marketing and selling and to add to your
income. http://www.associateprograms.com http://www.affiliatebroadcast.com
20. Do not spam! If you are unsure if something is
spam, find out before you proceed.
21. Purchase your own domain name.
22. List your ezine in several popular directories. http://www.ezinelocater.com http://www.atozines.com http://www.bluechiptraffic.com/ezines/ http://www.worldmegastore.com/newsletters.php
23. Be true to yourself and your customers. This will
establish trust which is essential to your success.
24. Include some original material in your ezine. If
you are not yet writing articles, write an editorial
for each issue. Let your readers get to know you.
25. Do not insult other people. ALWAYS treat others
26. Subscribe to several popular ezines. Read and
learn from them. The good ezines are loaded with
information and resources. http://www.bizybodies.com http://www.forwardproductions.com http://rimdigest.com
27. Participate in joint ventures with ebook authors,
ezine publishers, etc. This is a good way of making
more money and providing resources for your subscribers.
Always review the product before you promote it.
28. Never stop learning!! There is an endless amount
of information to learn when running an online business.
Do not ever think that you know all you need to know.
29. Be open to new ideas and be willing to take risks.
30. Learn from others who have been there already. Most
of the publishers and netpreneurs are willing and happy
to help Newbies.
31. When publishing an ezine, stuff it with useful
content and resources. Give your readers what they
crave - information! Don't throw 30 ads together and
call it an ezine!
32. Thoroughly check out all opportunities and offers
before joining or buying. There are a lot of scammers
33. When writing articles, write as if you are teaching.
Don't turn the article into a sales letter for one of
34. Back up all your information and work, so you do
not lose it. This is very important!
35. Do not think you have to read, buy or use every
product, ebook or program out there.
36. Choose a business that will bring out your passion
and commitment. Running an online business can be a
very rewarding and fulfilling experience.
I wish you all the success and satisfaction with your
online venture. Do not let the frustration or setbacks
get you down. Use them as a learning experience to
make you stronger, better and more successful!
Terri Seymour owns and operates MyOwnEzine.com
Learn to publish and promote your own ezine. mailto:email@example.com
FR'EE Program to help you get subscribers. http://myownezine.subto.us
Fr'ee MOE Ezine Publishing E'course mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
| DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this article is not warranted or guaranteed by Developer Shed, Inc. The content provided is intended for entertainment and/or educational purposes in order to introduce to the reader key ideas, concepts, and/or product reviews. As such it is incumbent upon the reader to employ real-world tactics for security and implementation of best practices. We are not liable for any negative consequences that may result from implementing any information covered in our articles or tutorials. If this is a hardware review, it is not recommended to open and/or modify your hardware. |
More Website Marketing Articles
More By Developer Shed