10 Marketing Tips For Success
by Shelley Lowery
1. FREE... I got your attention, didn't I. Offer a free report, e-book or "how to" course. Information is the top selling product online. You can use this to your benefit by offering free information.
- As a sample of your information product (teaser)
- To identify a problem and promote your products or services by providing a solution
- To bring traffic to your site
Providing free information is a great way to build a targeted list of contacts. Pick up free autoresponders at the following sites:
- SendFree - http://www.sendfree.com/
- GetResponse - http://www.getresponse.com/
- Fast Facts - http://www.fastfacts.net/
- MyReply - http://www.myreply.com/
- AutoBot - http://www.autobot.net
For more information about creating an e-book read the article entitled, "How To Create An E-book & Drive Massive Traffic To Your Site By Giving It Away..."
2. Newsletter (e-zine) - Start your own newsletter and begin creating your online community of contacts. Visit any of these sites to create your list, free.
- Onelist - http://www.onelist.com
- Egroups - http://www.egroups.com
- Listbot - http://www.listbot.com
3. Write Articles - There are thousands of online publications looking for quality content. Writing and distributing your articles will provide you with free massive exposure. After you've written your article, subscribe to these publications to assist you in getting published.
- Article Announce - An article announcement list providing free content to hundreds of ezines, newsletters, magazines and web sites. Writers announce your articles free.
Subscribe - mailto:email@example.com
- Writers and Publishers Connection Newsletter Where publishers announce their article needs.
Subscribe - mailto:Writers98@aol.com with subscribe Writers and Publishers in the subject.
4. E-zine Advertising - The best form of advertising available online. Reach thousands of targeted potential customers very inexpensively. Ruth Townsend of Lifestyle Publishing offers a complete listing of publications, ad costs, circulation and more in "The Directory of Ezines."
5. Classified Ads - Continuously place classified ads. People DO read the classifieds. This is very time consuming and you may want to purchase an auto posting software.
- BeCanada - http://www.becanada.com/
- Classify 98 - http://www.trellian.net/classify/index.html
For a listing of some of the top classified ad sites, visit: http://www.web-source.net/web/Classified_Ad_Sites/
Free For All Link sites - Continuously submit your link to free for all sites. This can also be very time consuming so may want to use a software program.
You can download FFA Blaster free of charge. This software will instantly submit your link to 100 Free For All sites. An upgrade is available which will post your link to over 8,000 sites.
- FFA Blaster - http://www.submitad.com/
6. Press Release - Write a quality press release about your product or service and tell the world! For more information on press releases, visit any of these sites:
- IdeaMarketers.com http://www.ideamarketers.com/
- Press Promoter http://www.presspromoter.com/
- PRweb http://www.prweb.com/
7. Networking - Create a network of like-minded marketers to help promote one another, provide recommendations, exchange prominent links, etc., Note: Be cautious when selecting your networking partners and making recommendations as your reputation is on the line. Only network with individuals you truly believe in.
8. Newsgroups - Post to appropriate newsgroups. For a complete listing, visit: http://www.deja.com/
9. Discussion Lists & Boards - Subscribe to appropriate email lists and visit discussion boards to participate in online discussions. Although blatant advertising is not permitted, signatures are acceptable. Visit Web-Source.net for a listing of some of the top discussion boards.
Visit List Universe for a complete listing of email discussion lists.
10. Offline Promotions - Advertise in newspapers, magazines, on the radio, TV, etc., Visit these sites for complete listings.
Gebbie Press -
NewsDirectory Newspapers -
Newspapers Online -
About the Author
Shelley Lowery is the Webmaster of Web-Source.net -
A complete resource portal for the Internet entrepreneur.
The site assists the entrepreneur in developing a serious
Web presence by providing a wealth of free information,
resources, tools and content.
You have permission to publish this article electronically, in print, in your ebook or on your web site, free of charge, as long as the author bylines are included.
| DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this article is not warranted or guaranteed by Developer Shed, Inc. The content provided is intended for entertainment and/or educational purposes in order to introduce to the reader key ideas, concepts, and/or product reviews. As such it is incumbent upon the reader to employ real-world tactics for security and implementation of best practices. We are not liable for any negative consequences that may result from implementing any information covered in our articles or tutorials. If this is a hardware review, it is not recommended to open and/or modify your hardware. |
More Website Marketing Articles
More By Developer Shed