Innovative Business Use of RSS as a Technology - Consider the following...
(Page 2 of 3 )
Consider the following business uses for RSS:
1. PDF Documents - Consider broadcasting meeting agenda notes or documentation as a PDF included with a feed, allowing interested individuals to access information without having to deal with cumbersome e-mail attachments.
2. PPT Presentations - Presentations can easily be distributed in a feed enclosure. The added benefit is that presenters using Power Point™ will not have to lug their notebook to a meeting to present - they can manage the presentation from an iPod or similar handheld that reads RSS feeds.
3. Video - Video or streaming video are both possible via the enclosure field. Have lectures or even political debates come to life with the added video component.
4. Audio - Audio content does not mean that feeds are limited to your favorite songs. Podcasting is the coined term for audio content contained in a feed and can include language instruction, talk shows or editorials.
5. Images - Imagine realtors using the enclosure field to display photos of homes to interested buyers. Now they can carry a light-weight catalog with them to show potential buyers at a moment's notice.
6. Downloads - Consider an information technology department in a large corporation conducting proprietary software updates, including executables or zip files in the enclosure field which allow users to update the software at a convenient time.
More Website Content Articles
More By Jase Dow