Content Is King for Generating Traffic - The branding and...
(Page 2 of 6 )
The branding and marketing applications are actually complementary: "Articles establish you as an expert in the marketplace, build inbound links to your sites, pre-sell your products, and help you rank higher in the search engines for your targeted keywords." [Crawford 2006] Beckart  summarizes the seven key benefits of writing articles and publishing them online:
· Resource box. The short paragraph about the author included at the bottom of the published article is an opportunity to brand yourself, your business, and your website.
· Inbound links. Every time your article is published there should be a live link to your website in the resource box. Include important keywords in the link text for extra points with the search engines.
· Building credibility. Articles help establish your expertise. It's easier to gain a prospective client's trust when you have this credibility. Prospects that trust you are more likely to make a purchase.
· Receptive audience. People who receive the e-zines containing your articles are voluntarily pre-selected because they're interested in the particular topics you're writing about.
· Exposure. When your article is sent out to a publisher's list, it's an excellent result of your efforts. Also, many publishers place current articles on their homepage, later archiving them.
More Website Content Articles
More By Jase Dow