What is pay-per-click search advertising?
by Mike Miller
Fact – It is well known from manyInternet studies that 85% of Internet users use search engines to find productsand services online.
Pay-per-click(PPC) search advertising is a simple and effective way for online merchants toincrease sales by increasing targeted search engine traffic to their Web sites. PPC advertising allows the smallest ofWeb sites to compete directly with the largest and most recognizable brands forthe same Web user traffic. How doesit work? Advertisers providelistings and links to their Web pages, and PPC search engines distribute thelistings in search results all over the Web. The order in which PPC listings appear withinsearch results is dependent on what price advertisers are willing to pay forcertain keywords. The higher youbid on your keywords, the higher up your PPC listings will appear in searchengine results. You can control theamount of traffic you receive by placing a cap on the amount of moneyyou’re willing to spend. Bestof all, with PPC listings you only pay once the user actually visits your Website!
Enhance Interactive is a leadingpay-per-click search engine. Startbidding on relevant keywords for only $0.03 per click and we’ll give you$10 FREE to begin your PPC advertising campaign.
Follow these seven simple yet effective tips when workingwith your PPC advertiser to make sure your PPC campaign runs smoothly.
1. Keep your listings simple. Whet Web users’ appetite forinformation with short and direct listings. Your goal is not to close the deal butsimply to get a Web user to click on your link. Concise listings can be more effectivethan wordy marketing babble.
2. Use keywords in your titles and descriptions. In anyPPC campaign, listings with keywords used in the title and description get moreclickthroughs than listings without keywords in thetitles and descriptions. If the Webuser sees exactly what he or she is looking for in the title and description heor she will be more likely to click to find out more.
3. Know the policy. Most PPC companies keep strict keyword requirementsfor their listings to preserve the relevancy of Web searchers’ results. Titles and descriptions should notcontain spelling errors, unnecessary capitalization, excessive punctuation or irrelevantcontent.
4. Check your account often. Keeping current on your account statusis important. Use your PPCprovider’s online account management system to add, modify or deletelistings, make payments or review your rankings.
5. Use the free services offered. Take advantage of anyprofessional services that your PPC provider may offer for free. These services could include running keywordperformance reports, building professional keyword lists or having titles anddescriptions written for you.
6. Keep in touch. Get to know your personal accountcoordinator and read the company’s newsletter for the latest tips, toolsand information regarding search marketing in general, along with other topicsrelated to your personal campaign.
7. Evaluate your Web site often. Make sure your pagenavigation is clear, the text is neat and typo-free and that your prices arecompetitive. Since you’re payingfor people to come to your Web site make sure they see a professional lookingone.
Enhance Interactive is a leading pay-per-click search engine. Start bidding on relevant keywords foronly $0.03 per click and we’ll give you $10 FREE to begin your PPCadvertising campaign.
| DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this article is not warranted or guaranteed by Developer Shed, Inc. The content provided is intended for entertainment and/or educational purposes in order to introduce to the reader key ideas, concepts, and/or product reviews. As such it is incumbent upon the reader to employ real-world tactics for security and implementation of best practices. We are not liable for any negative consequences that may result from implementing any information covered in our articles or tutorials. If this is a hardware review, it is not recommended to open and/or modify your hardware. |
More Website Advertising Articles
More By Developer Shed