Website Design Concerns – The Basics
(Page 1 of 3 )
Just when you thought that you had all the aspects of your website covered, a few more concerns crop up.One of the biggest reasons why customers will leave your website is the time it takes to load or the speed of the website.
Intense graphics, too much flashy special effects and your logo design all eat into your website’s load time. As business owner first and a webmaster second, you need to ask yourself these questions:
* What do I want my website to accomplish?
* My website in its current state, does it accomplish what I want?
* Can I limit the amount of graphics used and still broadcast my message?
* How I maintain the viewer friendly design of my website?
1) What Do I Want My Website To Accomplish?
When answering this question go beyond the obvious answer of ‘I want to make money.’ More importantly, ‘How can I give the customers what they want while still achieving my business goals?’
Remember these 4 key points: what are my customers’ problems; what solutions have they sought (or ones that didn’t work); what I will offer to provide this solution and finally; why they should buy from me. When you have successfully answered these questions, get an objective opinion. Why? What you may think are reasons may not be what others see (i.e. your customers).
2) My Website In Its Current State, Does It Accomplish What I Want?
If you are creating a new website, you have the advantage of starting with a clean slate and progressing towards your goal. If you are an existing website owner, you may need to re-evaluate if your website is accomplishing what you originally set as its goals.
More Web Development Articles
More By Jase Dow