Ten Terrific Tips for On Page Optimisation - Thirdly, ensure your...
(Page 2 of 3 )
3. Thirdly, ensure your keywords appear in your title tag of your web page.
4. Fourth, ensure your keywords appear in a heading h1 tag in the specific page. It is more beneficial if this is your only h1 tag on the page, and it occurs only once.
5. Another factor that affects your on page optimisation is if your keywords appear within bolded or italicized text. It is important not to go overboard with this by having your keywords bolded or italicized everywhere throughout your page because Google will consider this a ‘black hat’ method of on page optimisation and may result in banning your site from their index. But if it occurs once, or maybe twice, it will increase your on page optimisation and Google will not frown upon this.
6. It is important to have your keywords occur at least once within the content text on your website, within paragraph p tags. And is more beneficial to ensure this occurs closest to the top of your web page, and at the bottom.
7. It also helps to put your keywords within the alt tags of the images that are embedded in your HTML file. A good example would be if you have a logo that occurs at the top of the document- put the keywords in the alt text.
8. If you have any links within your web site that link back to the page you are optimising, or any external links that link towards your web site it is very important to contain your keywords within the anchor text and the title text.
9. Other factors that improve your on page optimisation include having your keywords contained within your domain name and file name of the specific page. For example the following fictional url would help:
More Web Development Articles
More By Jase Dow