Kinds of Websites - Which Suits You? - An alternative to...
(Page 3 of 4 )
* An alternative to a Shopping Cart System is to implement a Quotation System. This means the visitor adds all the items they are interested in to a “quotation basket” and once done, they submit it to the company and are contacted by a sales representative to complete the transaction.
Information Driven Websites
* Eg. Website directories, article directories, a Short-Story/Poetry submission website, etc.
* These websites mainly derive revenue from selling advertising space on their website.
* The information is generated by people that visit the website and submit content – the website is self-generating and the content follows current trends and interests.
* Although the owners of the website do not have to produce the focus-content, they do need to be able to control the type of content that is submitted – they need to implement measure that will prevent spammers from flooding their website with unwanted content. They also need people to moderate the content that is generated on the website.
* Eg. Job Search Websites, Online Dating websites, Discussion Boards, Special-Interest Portals
* These websites usually cater for certain types of Internet users. Their main source of revenue may be advertising or offering different levels of memberships with different benefits (e.g “Gold Membership”)
More Web Development Articles
More By Jase Dow