ASPwhat can it do?
• With ASP you can createonline forms that once filledin and submitted can returnthe information to the siteowner's email address. Thiscan be great for feedbackforms amongst other things.
• ASP makes it easy to accessdatabases and present theresults on your web site.Think of a search enginethat finds all the recordsthat match your keywordsand then presents the results,sometimes with 10 resultsdisplayed on a page.
• ASP can come in handyfor updating, editing ordeleting content on a page.In my news section i cando all these to the articlesthat i write, all of thishappens behind the scenesin an administration areawhich the user can't accessor see.
• You can create login andpassword protected sites,which come in handy if youwould like to do a membershipsite or have a membershipsection on your site.
Other things include creatingcustomized pages that displayonly things that will beof interest to a particularuser, display differentpages for different browsers,or if you see yourself asan internet millionaireyou can build an onlineshop.
• you can make polls
• you can have picturesthat display randomly (Lookat the partner buttons onthe left hand side.If youwere to refresh this page,they should change.)
• you can display the dateand time in various differentformats.
• you can keep track ofthings like the number ofvisitors or number of pagehits
These are just some of thereasons that will make learningASP worthwhile and fun.
Codefixer- Tutorials and resourcesfor the beginner to intermediateASP developer.
| DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this article is not warranted or guaranteed by Developer Shed, Inc. The content provided is intended for entertainment and/or educational purposes in order to introduce to the reader key ideas, concepts, and/or product reviews. As such it is incumbent upon the reader to employ real-world tactics for security and implementation of best practices. We are not liable for any negative consequences that may result from implementing any information covered in our articles or tutorials. If this is a hardware review, it is not recommended to open and/or modify your hardware. |
More Web Development Articles
More By Developer Shed