20 Sure-Fire Ways To Get People To Link To Your Web Site
by Dan Brown
Here's some simple yet POWERFUL ideas on how to get people to link to your web site.
1. Offer other web sites free content to post ontheir web site. Include your link on all of your content.The content should related to your web site becauseit will be in front of your target audience.
2. When you visit a web site you've enjoyed a lot,write a review for the site. Write about the benefitsyou gain from the web site. Tell them they can publishit on their web site if they link to your web site.
3. Allow other people to publish your e-zine on theirweb site. Include your web site's ad and link in eachissue you publish. This may also help you increasethe number of people that subscribe to your e-zine.
4. Market your web site as a free web book. Designyour web site with a title page, table of contents,chapters, etc. Just allow other people to give awaythe web book by linking to your web site.
5. Give your visitors an instant article directory. Tellyour visitors they can instantly add a free articledirectory to their web site by linking to yours. Justplace your ad or banner ad on top of the articledirectory for your main web site.
6. Allow other web sites to use your discussion boardfor their web site visitors. Just have them link directlyto the discussion board. Include your web sites ad orbanner ad at the top of the discussion board.
7. Start a members only web site. Tell visitors what'sin your members only site and what it costs to gainaccess. Offer them a free membership if, in exchange,they link to your web site.
8. Offer your visitors a free sign up to your affiliateprogram. Pay them commission to sell your productsor services. Just give them an affiliate link to track theirsales. People will link to your web site to make extramoney.
9. Create your own award site for other web sites.Give the winners a graphic or text link to place on theirweb site when they win. This will link your web siteto theirs and draw more traffic to your web site.
10. Are you an expert on a particular subject? Offerpeople free consulting via e-mail if, in exchange, theyeither link to your site. People will consider this ahuge value because consulting fees can be veryexpensive.
11. When you purchase a product and it exceeds yourexpectations e-mail the business a testimonial. Makesure your statement is detailed. Give them permissionto publish it on their web site if they link to your site.
12. Create a directory of web sites on a specific topic.Give people the option of adding the directory to theirweb site by linking to it. Put your business ad at thetop of the directory's home page.
13. Exchange content with other web sites. You couldtrade articles, top ten lists, etc. Both parties couldinclude a resource box at the end of the content.
14. Allow people to download software at no chargefrom your web site, if they link to your web site. Thesoftware could be freeware, shareware or demos.
15. Trade other forms of advertising to people thatlink to your web site. You could trade e-zine ads,print ads, autoresponder ads, classified ads, ebookads, etc.
16. Give away web space to people for free. Sinceyou are giving it away for free, request they link toyour site by placing your ad or banner to the site.
17. Join or create a web ring. A web ring is a groupof web sites on a similar subject agreeing to linktogether. To find a web ring to join type keywords"web rings" into your search engine of choice.
18. Create an online club or association. Tell yourvisitors what's included in the membership and whatit costs to join. Offer them a free membership if, inexchange, they link to your web site.
19. Allow people to use an online service or utilitiesfrom your web site if, in exchange, they link to yourweb site. The online service could be an e-mailaccount, search engine submission, web page design,copywriting, proofreading, etc.
20. Offer a free e-book to your web site visitors. Theebook should be related to your target audience.Allow them to give the e-book to their own web sitevisitors by linking directly to your web site.
Author Dan Brown has been active in internet marketing for the past 4 years. Dan currently is working with the Zabang, introducing their new affiliate program...due out December 2004. http://www.zabangaffiliate.com/
| DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this article is not warranted or guaranteed by Developer Shed, Inc. The content provided is intended for entertainment and/or educational purposes in order to introduce to the reader key ideas, concepts, and/or product reviews. As such it is incumbent upon the reader to employ real-world tactics for security and implementation of best practices. We are not liable for any negative consequences that may result from implementing any information covered in our articles or tutorials. If this is a hardware review, it is not recommended to open and/or modify your hardware. |
More Web Development Articles
More By Developer Shed