10 Ways to Achieve Superior Web Site Design - Always have some...
(Page 2 of 3 )
Always have some rounds of spell check and have someone proof read the site. That way you can be assured of its content quality.
3. Evade "clip-art" type graphics. Learn to make your own graphics that will exude your business character and identity. You can get your hands on with Adobe Photoshop. However, if you are short on money, Macromedia’s Fireworks is a good alternative.
4. Forget about yourself! Nobody wants to hear about you. They want to hear about your products or services and how you can help them. So instead of focusing on yourself, focus on the functionality of your website. That will give lots of visitors that can turn out to be your customers.
5. Keep a consistent design. Inconsistent designs, backgrounds and navigation systems make the visitors feel lost. They will feel as if they have transferred to another site. To avoid this thing to happen, utilize a consistent web site design.
6. Stay away from excessive backgrounds. If you do not know what background to choose, stick with a plain one and blend it with a well contrasting text. The result will be an easy to read website.
7. Use small images. Use images that are small in file size. To do this, you can compress your images to a more reasonable size.
More Web Development Articles
More By Jase Dow