10 Prominent Website Mistakes - The best way...
(Page 2 of 3 )
The best way to do is not to include in your website. If you really want to know how many visitors you have had, check your statistics.
3. Lack of copyright statements. Everything you write and create on the including your website is copyright-able. Make certain that you include copyright statements on every page, and appropriately update the copyright year.
4. Overuse of technology. There are some really great and cool new technologies available today but they can tend to distract the visitors. In times that you have to choose between new technology and simplicity. Choose the latter for it is anchored on the website’s functionality.
5. Passive verbs. Use active verbs and active sentences when writing your site's copy. Active verbs are powerful and lend energy to your site. The more conversational the website is the better.
6. Long sentences. Long sentences are tedious to read. Better keep it short and simple so that it can easily be retained.
7. Lengthy pages. Keep your pages brief and concise. People are easily bored of reading, so you have to adjust to their attention span. If you have a lot to say, you can create a series of pages with good navigation to explain your topics.
8. Not identifying the benefits of your products or services. There are two reasons why people make purchases. First is to get rid of pain and second is to get pleasure.
More Web Development Articles
More By Jase Dow