SEO, PPC And SEM - ASAP!
(Page 1 of 4 )
This article examines the basics behind quality site promotion.
Let us take a good look at acronyms in the industry! Search Engine Optimization(SEO), is a term thrown around a million times a day online. So many sites use old techniques that will get there rankings hurt or reversed with there hap-hazard web designs it frustrates me. I donít want you to be one of them. In fact this article is aimed for creating SEEN web design projects. If you donít use this anti-SEO (i.e. cloaking and doorway pages) and follow the following rules you can expect decent results with your web design. The basics for SEO are simple and should be used by all web designers and web design services (although that doesnít mean they are always used):
1. Optimize your site with a high percentage of text relevant to the search terms you intend to go after.
2. Make sure all alt (alternate image tags) and title tags have relative descriptions including keywords.
3. Make sure your site meets current online standards and can be equally viewed among all browsers and operating machines. Even though some pages may still display correctly with incorrect HTML, it can hinder the way search engines will look at them, bringing the overall optimization of the page down.
4. Make sure all pages are under 800K (recommended for fast loading pages).
5. Submit (manually, by hand) to all major search engines, an automatically to lesser engines through (at least) a free search engine submission service or program.
More Search Engine Tricks Articles
More By Jase Dow