Reciprocal Linking, the basics, part 2
by Joop Liefaard
In part 1 of these series of two articles I explained you the basics of how to find web sites to link to and how to make a links directory. Contacting the webmasters of the websites you want to reciprocate with, following up your campaign and maintaining your directory are the issues of this article.Contact the webmaster
In this phase of the process of reciprocation you have a links directory and now you want to have a link back from the web sites you have listed. You have to write an email to the webmasters of these sites. This can be a short email in which you request a link exchange. I use the following text:
Subject: Link Partnership
I visited your website at - URL - and want to trade links with you.
Your web site has good content and I am interested in having my web site placed in your link directory.
I've added your website's listing to my link directory:http://www.compazz.com/links/linkdirectory
The listing is in the xxxxxxx theme at this page:
My website is:http://www.compazz.com/
Info to add my website's link to your website:
Title: Compazz.com, your Professional Guide to a Successful Home Based Business
Description: Work at home and make money with your own home based business, using practical business ideas, resources, opportunities and top affiliate programs.
- Never include an advertisement or promotion in the email. You are requesting a link exchange and not trying to sell anything.
- Personalize your email. In this way you won't be accused of spamming so easily. Show the webmaster that you really have visited the web site and give a personal comment. You can change the second line of the sample email for this purpose.
- Always upload your directory before sending the email. I received once a very offensive response from a webmaster who didn't find the link at the same moment he received the request. This web site is of course excluded from my directory for life.
- Link to web sites that have at least a page ranking of 2 in Google. You can check this in the Google bar that you can install on your computer for free.
If your link is not added to a website after two weeks, you may send a reminder to the webmaster. This should be a gentle "email", something like:
Two weeks ago I placed a link to your web site in my link directory but till now you didn't place a link back to my web site.
By placing reciprocal links in our link directories we both benefit of an increase in targeted traffic.
I ask you to consider placing the link to my site as soon as possible.
You can find the information at http://www.compazz.com/linktous.html.
Let me know when you have done so and I'll place your link on top of the theme page.
You have to check from time to time if the links are still active and if your link is still in the directory of the other websites. Do this once a month. It is a time-consuming task, but it prevents you from having bad links in your directory.Google
A good link directory is good for a high ranking in the search engines. Google loves a good and content-rich directory. There are, however, two conditions you have to meet:
- There should be no more than 100 links on each theme Page
- Keep your pages tightly themed. Don't make your directory a links farm.
I wish you happy and profitable linking.
Joop Liefaard uses his experience as a human resources manager to help small business owners to better organize themselves and their enterprises. Visit his website at http://www.compazz.com
, for information about "best-rated" home business opportunities, effective tools and honest support. Here you grab a FREE subscription to his ezine: Compazz.Com's Business Tips.
| DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this article is not warranted or guaranteed by Developer Shed, Inc. The content provided is intended for entertainment and/or educational purposes in order to introduce to the reader key ideas, concepts, and/or product reviews. As such it is incumbent upon the reader to employ real-world tactics for security and implementation of best practices. We are not liable for any negative consequences that may result from implementing any information covered in our articles or tutorials. If this is a hardware review, it is not recommended to open and/or modify your hardware. |
More Affiliate Promotion Articles
More By Developer Shed