How to Build Massive Keyword Lists
by Rob Taylor
As keyword marketingbecomes more and more expensive and competitive, it has becomeessential when doing keyword research to focus on the maximum number ofkeyword phrases and their variations that a surfer might enter into thesearch engines. This is essential for any keyword research you mightdo.
Because according to AmitSinghal, principal scientist at Google, a guy who really should knowwhat he’s talking about, over 50% of the 200 million searches performeda day have never been searched before. He also said: “When performing asearch most surfers give a 2-4 word query”. (Source)
So here are my top 18recommended keyword research methods, so you can build massive keywordlists:
1. Visit your competitor’sweb pages and look in the title and meta tags.
2. Search for brand names in Google's Sandbox. This will return additionalkeywords that searchers entered when using the brand name. You can alsoenter regular keyword phrases and get related keyword phrases that havebeen searched on Google.
3. Look over your pastcustomer testimonials, and see if there are any keywords you can use.This strategy lets you get inside your customer's mind to produce moremarket centric keywords.
4. Consider synonyms. Asynonym is a word having the same or nearly the same meaning as anotherword or other words in the language. Enter your keywords into Roget'sTheasaurus for a list of related synonyms. Also visit LexFN.
5. Think of singular andplurals keywords.
6. What about verbs? Example:Ride, rode, ridden, ridding, rides.
7. Use hyphenation andvariations. Example: off-shore, offshore, off shore
8. Consider domain names.Many people enter domain names into the search engines rather thantheir browser address bar. Example: cnn.com. In July 2004 cnn.com wassearched 633677 times on Overture.
9. Get books on your subjectand use the terms in the index and glossaries to grow your keywordlists.
10. Download a free copy of Weblog Expert Lite.Then ask your web host how to download your raw stats files. Run themthrough the software and you will then discover every possible keywordcombination that surfers have used to find your website.
11. Use Wordtracker.What does Wordtracker do? “…helps you find all keyword combinationsthat bear any relation to your business or service - many of which youmight never have considered.” Wordtracker is an essential tool to use.
12. Then go to the Overture KeywordSuggestion Tool. Enter in a keyword and Overture returns all theprior month’s searches that include your phrase. The problem with theOverture tool is that it doesn’t give you the exact way that the searchwas entered. This is why it is essential to use a tool like Keyword Tumbler(see # 18) to generate the maximum possible number of keywordcombinations that a user might enter a search phrase into the engines.
13. Use abbreviations andmisspellings. A good misspelling tool is Search Spell.Search Spell uses actual misspellings entered into the search engines.Very powerful!
14. Use acronyms. An acronymis a word formed from the initial letters of a name. Example: duediligence becomes DD. A good acronym generator is Acronym Finder.
15. Combine your keywordphrase into one word. Example: strawbale houses => strawbalehouses.
16. Use “space” and “+” withkeywords. Example:
- strawbale +houses
17. Visit CrosswordCompiler and download their demo software. Plug in your keywordsand discover a multitude of additional words.
18. Once you have your listcompiled visit KeywordTumbler and download the free keyword tool. Put your keywords into a textfile and then let Keyword Tumbler generate multiple variations of eachkeyword phrase you have… instantly!
It does this simply by mixingthe words in each phrase around. Example: "horses for sale" generates alist like this...
horses for sale
horses sale for
for horses sale
for sale horses
sale horses for
sale for horses
As Perry Marshall, author ofthe DefinitiveGuide to Google AdWords said at a recent seminar: “Everycombination of keywords that somebody could conceivably type in onGoogle is a market.”
I hope you have found thisadvice useful? It’s the exact same procedure I use everyday whenfighting the pay-per-click wars.
$31,291 in Less ThanSeven Days!
Take advantage of proven, battle tested internet marketingstrategies that can quietly make you five figure cash profits everysingle month! It all starts with your free issue ofRob Taylor's Internet Marketing Secrets newsletter. Click here to get your copy now!
| DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this article is not warranted or guaranteed by Developer Shed, Inc. The content provided is intended for entertainment and/or educational purposes in order to introduce to the reader key ideas, concepts, and/or product reviews. As such it is incumbent upon the reader to employ real-world tactics for security and implementation of best practices. We are not liable for any negative consequences that may result from implementing any information covered in our articles or tutorials. If this is a hardware review, it is not recommended to open and/or modify your hardware. |