10 Vital Steps to Boost Your Google Ranking
(Page 1 of 3 )
Let's face it: There are googols of information about getting high ranking in Google.As a loyal student of Brad Callen's, I believe he is one of the few who have a solid grasp on what works and what doesn't in SEO and site ranking. I'll try to keep this short and sweet as I boil down the 10 vital steps to boost your SE ranking by hundreds, maybe even thousands of pages:
1. Your title should only be your main keyword. Not too long; the shorter the better, and easier for indexing.
2. The first copy on your page, or the header, should be in h1 header tags.
3. Add h1 header tags. This can be a sub heading for your webpage. You should place your 2nd most important keyword in the h2 header tag. The h2 tag should be placed somewhere in the top half of your webpage.
4. Bold, underline, or italicize some of the keywords one time each, maximum. Only 1 per keyword or it will hurt more than help. Not a crucial step, but creating a little "style" here and there will help.
5. Write your keywords to flow in a natural way throughout your copy, but be sure to include at least one of the keywords per 1-2 paragraphs, depending on how large your page is.
More Search Engine Tricks Articles
More By Jase Dow