Top 10 Tips for Web Store Design
By Kate Schultz
1. Provide enough information and samples of your products or services to allow your potential customers to reach buying decisions on their own. Self-service is the
best service on-line.
2. Automate as much of your on-line processes as possible. Deliver digital products on-line.
3. Let your customer decide which method of ordering to choose. Provide several ordering options: mailing address, fax, phone, and secure on-line ordering.
4. Use a commerce package that allows you to calculate sales tax and shipping cost in real time. Your customers will want to know the total cost of their orders before
6. Use a shopping cart program. Shopping carts let your shoppers browse through your store, adding or removing items before they check out and pay for the goods.
7. Establish a "no questions asked" money back guarantee.You must make it safe for customers to do business with you by taking all the risk.
8. Create affiliate or reseller networks for your products or services. Let other Web sites do the marketing for you.
9. Train your employees. They need to learn new skill so that you can adapt your business processes to the Internet.
10. Develop post-sales support. Establish communication wit your customers immediately after the sale. Let them know the order was received and when they can expect delivery. Tell your customers what a great decision they made
ordering your product.
About the Author:
Kate Schultz is the founder of EzineUniversity (EZU).
--> READ MY SECRET E-Zine Promotion Diary. <--
You're invited to follow our progress each week as I reveal what
works and what bombs in the world of E-zine promotion. To
subscribe send a blank email to mailto:email@example.com
or drop by http://www.ezineuniversity.com/ for the low-down!
| DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this article is not warranted or guaranteed by Developer Shed, Inc. The content provided is intended for entertainment and/or educational purposes in order to introduce to the reader key ideas, concepts, and/or product reviews. As such it is incumbent upon the reader to employ real-world tactics for security and implementation of best practices. We are not liable for any negative consequences that may result from implementing any information covered in our articles or tutorials. If this is a hardware review, it is not recommended to open and/or modify your hardware. |
More Online Business Help Articles
More By Developer Shed