Five Easy Way to Collect Testimonials
by Mike Burstein
Besides the word free, there is probably no stronger tool to influence new customers to use your business product or service than testimonials from past customers.
As long as you provide an outstanding product or service, most customers are delighted to provide you with their endorsement. Unfortunately, most businesses don't implement an actual procedure to systematically get testimonials.
The natural reluctance to ask for testimonials can easily be overcome by setting up a regimen that consistently asks your customers for their endorsement. You will be amazed at the comments you receive and surprised by some of the criticism. Use this feedback wisely to improve your business.
The following suggestions can be implemented with little expense or effort but will pay you huge dividends:
1. Unsolicited testimonials are always the best. Sometimes you will WOW! your customer and they will tell how thrilled they are. If you ask permission to use their comments on your promotions or website, the answer will be a resounding yes.
2. A report card on your product or service is easy to use. Include a postpaid card with all sales or service receipts. Ask questions about the customer's satisfaction with your service, include a free form comment section and include a check box giving you permission to use their testimonial.
3. On all receipts, include a URL to your website where your customer can fill out an online report card. Once again, ask for permission to use their comments and be sure to have a free form comment box.
4. If one of your customers happens to be a celebrity, their endorsement will pay huge returns. Many celebrities are willing to help a small business owner without expecting any compensation. A free tune-up once a year or an occasional dinner or some specimen lawn plantings, etc., would be a small price to pay to reciprocate for their generosity.
5. Find an expert in your field and offer them your product or service for free. You'll end up with an honest appraisal of your business product or service and quite possibly a testimonial from an "expert".
Set up your own system to collect testimonials and use the powerful messages that you receive from them to grow your business.
© 2003 ODEC
Mike Burstein has been helping the SOHO and Small Business community grow & prosper for over 20 years by solving start up problems, creating best practices, automating their offices, getting free publicity and dramatically increasing traffic and sales.
Visit http://www.SOHOWiz.com for the latest FREE business tips.
Email the Wiz at: SOHOWiz@SOHOWiz.com
| DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this article is not warranted or guaranteed by Developer Shed, Inc. The content provided is intended for entertainment and/or educational purposes in order to introduce to the reader key ideas, concepts, and/or product reviews. As such it is incumbent upon the reader to employ real-world tactics for security and implementation of best practices. We are not liable for any negative consequences that may result from implementing any information covered in our articles or tutorials. If this is a hardware review, it is not recommended to open and/or modify your hardware. |
More Online Business Help Articles
More By Developer Shed