7 Must-Have Traits For Work At Home Success
by Trent Brownrigg
There are a lot of reasons why so many people fail shortly afterstarting a home business. In order to achieve your work at home dreamsthere are certain traits you must possess or acquire. I have listed 7must-have traits that I consider to be the most important. Go throughthe list carefully. Truly think about whether or not you have thedesired trait. If you find that there are some that don’t describe youthen decide how you are going to change in order to acquire it. Don’ttry and fool yourself into believing you already have all these traits,unless you truly do. Fooling yourself will also be cheating you out ofachieving your home business goals.
1) Self Discipline –Working at home means that you don’t have a bossor co-workers to keep you on task. When you are the boss it is easy todo something other than work. This is especially true in a homebusiness where you have your personal life all around you. You mustdiscipline yourself to do certain tasks at certain times every day. Donot let your home life interfere with your business just because youwork at home.
2) Routine – You mustavoid procrastination all costs! Once again youdo not have a boss or other authority figure to keep you on task. Aluxury of being your own boss is that you get to pick your workinghours. Make sure you aren’t putting off work until tomorrow or the nextday. Doing this will squash your home business dreams faster thananything. You must establish a work-load to get done every day and doit.
3) Persistence- Peopleare always starting this or that but hardlyanyone ever finishes once it gets a little rough. Having a homebusiness has a lot of benefits but first you have to get through allthe hurdles in the beginning. There are few things harder than buildinga home business from the ground up. There are also few things morerewarding once you have succeeded. It will get tough at times so youmust have persistence.
4) Desire – You can hopeand wish to gain financial independence forthe rest of your life but it will never happen until you desire it. Youmust determine exactly what you want for your financial future and thenlet it become your obsession. Do not leave any room for failure or youwill do just that… fail.
5) Purpose – In order tobuild a solid business you must have a centralpurpose. It’s easy to try and do a hundred different things at one timebut it gets you nowhere in the end. People that fail don’t have adefined purpose or goal set for what they are trying to do. When youtry to do too many things at once, without really knowing what you aredoing it for, then you will quickly find that nothing is working. Manypeople just give up at this point.
6) Education – You don’thave to have a college degree to work at home.In fact, starting a home business really doesn’t require you to havemuch of a formal education at all. However, you must educate yourselftremendously on your particular business topic. There is going to be alot of things you need to know in your business. Most of it can belearned on the internet or with home study courses.
7) Enthusiasm – You mustthoroughly enjoy what you do in order tosucceed at it. There is an old saying that enthusiasm is contagious.With enthusiasm you will have much more success getting people to dobusiness with you. The whole purpose of working at home is to dosomething you like, under your own terms, so pick something you areenthused about.
Now, go back and read the list again. Do you lack any of the desiredtraits? Do you possess any of the negative traits? Find someone whoknows you very well and is comfortable giving you constructivecriticism. Have them go over the list with you to give you an outsideperspective on yourself. If you find anything you need to work on, getstarted immediately. This is no time to procrastinate. Your future ison the line!
Trent Brownrigg is a successfulinternet marketer, webmaster, and author of business articles. He willpersonally help you build a secure financial future. Visit http://www.work-at-home-jobs-iowa.com
for more details.
| DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this article is not warranted or guaranteed by Developer Shed, Inc. The content provided is intended for entertainment and/or educational purposes in order to introduce to the reader key ideas, concepts, and/or product reviews. As such it is incumbent upon the reader to employ real-world tactics for security and implementation of best practices. We are not liable for any negative consequences that may result from implementing any information covered in our articles or tutorials. If this is a hardware review, it is not recommended to open and/or modify your hardware. |
More Online Business Help Articles
More By Developer Shed