25 Common Link Exchange and Search Engine Terms - The links that...
(Page 2 of 3 )
9. Inbound link: The links that direct users to another website. When a user arrives at one site from another site, that link is known as an inbound link.
10. Keyword: A word or phrase which is used when searching for a website in the search engines or directories. These are the words or phrases that webmasters use to describe or explain the content of their website.
11. Keyword Density: Represents the frequency that keywords appear on a page. Keyword density is the ratio of a keyword or key phrases to the total number of words on a particular page. This is an important issue for search engine rankings. The more often the keyword appears on a page - the higher its search engine ranking. However, if the keywords are repeated too often, it could lead to the page being penalized for spamming.
12. Link Building: The process of creating inbound links to your website. This can be accomplished by requesting reciprocal links, being listed in e-zines, newsletters, and directories.
13. Link Exchange or Reciprocal Links: The process where two webmasters agree to place each other's link on their website.
14. Link Exchange Program: Most link exchange programs are where webmasters sign up and agree to host and link to a member's only directory or links page.
15. Link Farm: Link Exchange programs that do not offer anything but a bunch of unrelated links. Most link farms collect email addresses and use them for sending unsolicited emails (SPAM) to webmasters that sign up for the program.
16. Link Popularity: The number of websites that link to a particular site. Many search engines use link popularity as a factor in determining the search engine ranking of a website.
More Online Business Help Articles
More By Jase Dow