Learn how to make data backup over the Internet!
(Page 1 of 4 )
Why should you backup your data on the Internet?There are several reasons.
* The backup is located at a secure place for away from your computer.
* It's is easy to do.
* Free available disk space on your web site can be used for storage.
* Disk space on remote server can be used for storage.
* Itís a practical backup solution for small businesses and home users.
* Itís gives extra security for documents and files.
There are basically three different types of data backup you can make!
* Full Backup of the hard disk.
* Full disk image backup for fast recovery.
* Backup of specific files and folders.
Online backup of a complete hard disk is not practical to do. Although, it can be done. The size requirement and the transfer speed over the Internet makes it yet not powerful enough to do. However in the future complete backup of hard disks online will be more common. Backup over the Internet is best suited for storing limited numbers of specific files and folders.
To do this you need an FTP software which makes it possible to move files over the internet. FTP stand for "file transfer protocol" and is the most commonly used method of transferring files between computers over the Internet.
Use FTP transfer and backup to your web site or to a remote server as a safeguard of your vital data files!
Learn how at http://www.data-backup-and-storage.com/ftp-backup.html
Normally you donít need to backup all the content of your hard disk, to recreate your data.
More How To Articles
More By Jase Dow