How to Build a Database Driven Web Site - You should now...
(Page 3 of 3 )
You should now get the reply that your database installation was successful.
3. Download the PHP script files to your desktop at: WSN links - http://www.isitebuild.com/cgi-bin/a/t.cgi?wsnlinks
4. Extract files from the ZIP folder and save them to a folder on your computer.
5. Upload all the extracted files to your hosting space
6. Set the correct permissions for your files.
7. To complete the installation and to customize the script, read the manual at:
You can continue to customize or edit your site online by accessing the admin panel within your web site.
Adding, sorting, retrieving, searching data, creating new pages, links etc can now easily be accomplished.
Congratulations!... you successfully have built yourself a database driven web site.
Herman Drost is the Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) owner and author of http://www.iSiteBuild.com Affordable Web Site Design and Web Hosting. Subscribe to his “Marketing Tips” newsletter for more original articles. firstname.lastname@example.org. You can read more of his in-depth articles at: http://www.isitebuild.com/articles
| DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this article is not warranted or guaranteed by Developer Shed, Inc. The content provided is intended for entertainment and/or educational purposes in order to introduce to the reader key ideas, concepts, and/or product reviews. As such it is incumbent upon the reader to employ real-world tactics for security and implementation of best practices. We are not liable for any negative consequences that may result from implementing any information covered in our articles or tutorials. If this is a hardware review, it is not recommended to open and/or modify your hardware. |