Conduct Online Surveys or be Left Out
by Web Based Survey Software
In a world where websites and email have become ubiquitous, conductingonline surveys has become so convenient that everybody is doing it. Areyou? If not, here are 10 reasons why you should.
- Develop quickly - Mostsurvey softwares have a sample survey library, question library,and a response library that enables you to develop surveys quickly. Youcan also develop surveys from scratch very quickly.
- Present the best way possible- Youcan use a drop-down list for questions with many responses, or you canalso use audio and video where it is appropriate. Online surveys allowyou to present your questions in the best possible way.
- Pre-populate with data -You can pre-populate your surveys with data that you already have abouteach respondent.
- Distribute easily - Youcan distribute online surveys veryeasily, and in many different ways: link on website, entire survey onwebsite, link in email, entire survey in email or newsletters, orhandheld devices.
- Skip questions - You canskip questions based on the answers to some questions. The logic todetermine whether to skip or not can be simple or fairly complex.
- Personalize your surveys- You can use answers of questions in the following questions.This allows you to personalize your surveys, like saying "Thanks Steve"instead of only "Thanks". You can also ask questions like "Why do youlike most about Coke?" if the respondent selected Coke as his/herfavoritedrink in the previous question.
- Validate the responses -You can validate the responses given by respondents thus ensuring thatthey enter valid data. This increases thequality of the results.
- Eliminate errors associated withmanual entry - With online surveys, respondents take the surveythemselves. This eliminates the need for manual entry and itsassociated errors.
- Get fast results - Withonline surveys, you can begin to accumulate responses in hoursrather than days, and complete surveys in days rather than months.
- Save time and money -You save lot of time developing surveys due to the time-saving featuresthat survey softwares have. You can also save money compared to thetraditional method ofconducting surveys since you have to send out postal invitations, hirecall personnel, hire data entry personnel, and generate resultsmanually.
CreditsThis article has been copyrighted and has been reprinted with thepermission of WebBased Survey Software. If you want to reprint this article, pleasesend us an emailto inform us and we will grant you the permission. But please ensurethat this message appears at the end of the article and proper creditsare given to WebBased Survey Software.
| DISCLAIMER: The content provided in this article is not warranted or guaranteed by Developer Shed, Inc. The content provided is intended for entertainment and/or educational purposes in order to introduce to the reader key ideas, concepts, and/or product reviews. As such it is incumbent upon the reader to employ real-world tactics for security and implementation of best practices. We are not liable for any negative consequences that may result from implementing any information covered in our articles or tutorials. If this is a hardware review, it is not recommended to open and/or modify your hardware. |
More How To Articles
More By Developer Shed