Backing Up Your Data in Windows XP - Wait a minute...
(Page 2 of 3 )
2. Wait a minute. A box should pop up on your screen with a variety of choices. Click once on the choice that says "Open Writable CD Folder Using Windows Explorer." (There's a picture of a manilla folder next to it.) Your choice should turn blue. Click OK.
3. A box opens up representing the empty CD you want to burn. Now take your mouse pointer and place it on the top blue border of this box. Press and hold (don't click) with your left mouse button, and drag the box down into the lower righthand corner of your screen.
4. Locate your My Documents folder on the desktop. If this folder isn't on the desktop, you should put it there for convenience sake. See the tip How to Put a Shortcut on your Desktop.
5. Now simply press on the folder with your left mouse button and drag the folder onto the empty box representing your CD in the lower right corner. You should see the contents of your folder being copied over. If you get a box asking if you want to copy "Thumbs" files, you can say "Yes" or "Skip." It's your choice. These files aren't important, trust me. You can also check the box to repeat your answer for each of these files to save time.
6. When the folder is completely copied to your CD box, click on "Write these Files to CD" on the lefthand side of the box. A "wizard" pops up.
7. Click Next in the wizard (ignore the CD name and date underneath) Wait for the CD to burn. You'll see a green line progress across the screen.
More How To Articles
More By Jase Dow