Blog Help

  Homes arrow Blog Help arrow Sell Songs Online Safely Through Your Blog
 Webmaster Tools
 
Base64 Encoding 
Browser Settings 
CSS Coder 
CSS Navigation Menu 
Datetime Converter 
DHTML Tooltip 
Dig Utility 
DNS Utility 
Dropdown Menu 
Fetch Content 
Fetch Header 
Floating Layer 
htaccess Generator 
HTML to PHP 
HTML Encoder 
HTML Entities 
IP Convert 
Meta Tags 
Password Encryption
 
Password Strength
 
Pattern Extractor 
Ping Utility 
Pop-Up Window 
Regex Extractor 
Regex Match 
Scrollbar Color 
Source Viewer 
Syntax Highlighting 
URL Encoding 
Web Safe Colors 
Forums Sitemap 
Weekly Newsletter
 
Developer Updates  
Free Website Content 
 RSS  Articles
 RSS  Forums
 RSS  All Feeds
Write For Us 
Contact Us 
Site Map 
Privacy Policy 
Support 
 USERNAME
 
 PASSWORD
 
 
  >>> SIGN UP!  
  Lost Password? 
BLOG HELP

Sell Songs Online Safely Through Your Blog
By: Codex-M
  • Search For More Articles!
  • Disclaimer
  • Author Terms
  • Rating: 5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars / 3
    2009-06-08

    Table of Contents:
  • Sell Songs Online Safely Through Your Blog
  • Finding a reliable, secured audio hosting provider and the download link
  • Finalize the Flash Embed Code and Encryption of the Download URL
  • Encrypting the Code

  • Rate this Article: Poor Best 
      ADD THIS ARTICLE TO:
      Del.ici.ous Digg
      Blink Simpy
      Google Spurl
      Y! MyWeb Furl
    Email Me Similar Content When Posted
    Add Developer Shed Article Feed To Your Site
    Email Article To Friend
    Print Version Of Article
    PDF Version Of Article
     
     

    SEARCH DEV MECHANIC

    TOOLS YOU CAN USE

    advertisement

    Sell Songs Online Safely Through Your Blog


    (Page 1 of 4 )

    This tutorial is for first-time songwriters who want to sell songs online on their own blog. There are a lot of ways to sell songs online. Some of these services get a portion of the songwriter's share, so for example, if the song can be downloaded for about $1 they may take 10 percent ($0.10) out of it as a commission. Keep reading for a closer look at how you can set this up properly and start earning money for your musical efforts.

    The advantage of starting your own music blog is that you can sell songs online and maximize your profit. Also, blogging is one of the best ways to communicate with your potential customers. These customers may vary a lot, from a single fan you meet in the club to a record label executive wanting to give you a deal.

    Piracy has become a serious issue online. Most songwriters are afraid to start a blog and sell their songs because someone will just steal them. Stealing can be a form of illegal downloading. Although advanced stealing of songs requires sophisticated methods, this tutorial can prevent up to 80 percent of illegal downloading. The remaining 20 percent comes from advanced thieves that can go beyond this technology to steal your songs. Your best protection is to have a copyright notice on every page.

    This article discusses two major issues of selling songs online and recommends a feasible course of action:


    1. The download URL is very easy to trace, which means that items can be downloaded without authorization or purchase.

    2. It is very difficult to find a reliable audio hosting provider, especially for a free blog platform that offers free hosting of blogs. A good example of this is Blogspot (www.blogger.com).


    Below is a flowchart screen shot on how to deal with these issues:



    More Blog Help Articles
    More By Codex-M

       

    BLOG HELP ARTICLES

    - Blogging to Attract Holiday Shoppers
    - Commit to Your Blog, or Don`t Blog
    - Should You Blog on Google Plus?
    - Fast Blog Post Ideas
    - Organize Your Business Blogging
    - Too Busy to Blog?
    - The Value of a Business Blog
    - WordPress CMS Tips: Removing RSS Feeds
    - Add Google Custom Search to WordPress Blogs
    - Start Blogging with Blogger
    - Bloggers and the Associated Press: the Past ...
    - WordPress Vs. Blogger: Which Should You Choo...
    - Can You Make Money with a Free Blog?
    - A Beginner`s Guide to Self Hosting Your Blog
    - No Blog Stands Alone: Why You Need Affiliates

    Developer Shed Affiliates

     



    © 2003-2018 by Developer Shed. All rights reserved. DS Cluster - Follow our Sitemap