7 Secrets to a Successful Business Blog-How to Blog Smart - Write 2-3...
(Page 2 of 3 )
2. Write 2-3 times a week, short articles of 250-350 words each time. Occasionally, a longer article can be shared, using the extended post feature.
3. Link profusely to other resources on the web. This is essential for building traffic and enlarging your reading audience. Spend some time, 2-3 times a week researching your area of expertise on the Web. Leave comments on other blogs.
4. Submit to blog directories and ping each time you post. If you don't know how to do this, get a blog coach or buy and read an instructional manual, such as the ebook at www.BuildaBetterBlogSystem.com.
5. Track and monitor your visitor stats. Install a counter on your blog so you know what's happening. For example, a free counter can be found at www.SiteMeter.com.
6. List all your products and affiliate products and make sure you have the landing pages properly linked. Use your affiliate links and ad-tracking features if you have a shopping cart.
7. Don't forget to link to your own website and vice versa! This is one reason we prefer to have the blog separate from your website, rather than installing blog software incorporated into your website. It's like having two fishing poles in the pond.
More Blog Help Articles